$100 Down Payment!
The US Department of Housing and Urban Development (commonly known as HUD) is offering a Homeownership incentive which allows qualified buyers (owner occupants only) to buy HUD homes with a down payment of only $100! HUD will pay up to 3% of your closing costs.
What is a HUD home?
HUD homes are homes that had FHA loans at one point, but were foreclosed. Once the homes are foreclosed, they go back to HUD for resale.
We get new HUD listings daily. As soon as the properties go on the market, bids are limited to owner-occupants only (those who will buy the house to live in) or non-profit agencies. Day 1-15 bids are sealed & accumulated, and then on day 16 bids are reviewed. If no acceptable bid is accepted then from day 16-30 is daily bidding. After thirty days if no bids are accepted, the bidding is opened to everyone, including investors. You must use a HUD-Certified Agent to place your bid.
Qualifying is easy! To buy your home with $100 Down payment, you must qualify and obtain a new FHA loan for the purchase then stay in the property for at least one year (investors do not qualify for this incentive). You cannot participate in HUD sales for 2 years after purchase.
NOTE: If you offer more than the HUD list price for the home, you can apply the down payment to the list price only - but you will have to pay for the difference between what you offered and the list price.
How Do I Start?
- Step 1 -- Get pre-qualified for the $100 down payment HUD Homes Program
- Step 2 -- Check out our website daily for new listings and to see our virtual tours.
- Step 3 -- Tour homes in your area. Call us to schedule a showing, and we'll let you right in!
- Step 4 -- Submit an offer through one of our HUD Certified Agents to buy the home you've chosen
- Step 5 -- Once HUD accepts your offer, close on your home
- Step 6 -- Move in and enjoy your new home!